Washington, D.C. – July 22, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — Rep. Raúl M. Grijalva today highlighted a free workshop on foreclosure prevention and home finance taking place in Tucson on Saturday, July 23. The event is jointly hosted by the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco, Don’t Borrow Trouble Pima County, the City of Tucson, Fannie Mae, Pima County, and the Southwest Fair Housing Council.
The event will be held at the El Rio Neighborhood Center at 1390 E. Speedway. In-person registration begins at 8:00 a.m. Workshops and counseling begin at 9:00 a.m. Pre-registration is available by calling (520) 624-2947 or 1-800-300-7868.
The workshop is open to the public and will feature hands-on discussions and workshops on a variety of topics. Interested participants should bring as many of the following as possible to get the maximum benefit from presenters:
– Two current pay stubs.
– 2010 tax return, including W-2.
– A copy of your homeowner’s insurance policy.
– Hardship letter (in your own words).
– Two months’ bank statements.
– A list of monthly expenses.
– A utility bill.
– Most recent mortgage statement and related correspondence.
– Self-employed individuals must also provide four months’ recent bank statements, a 2009 or 2010 tax return, and a year-to-date profit and loss statement.
“This is a chance for the people of Southern Arizona to learn all they can about how to avoid homeowner difficulty, foreclosure, and bad offers,” Grijalva said. “I thank everyone putting on this important event, because the more awareness homeowners have the less potential economic trouble we all face as a community.”