Grijalva Highlights $100 Million in Veteran Family Homeless Prevention Grants Available to Non-Profits, Consumer Cooperatives
Washington, D.C. – December 12, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — Rep. Raúl M. Grijalva today highlighted the availability of $100 million in grants available to non-profit groups and consumer cooperatives who offer homeless prevention services to veterans and their families. The funds are offered through the new Supportive Services for Veteran Families program, created by the Department of Veterans Affairs earlier this year.
The program provides community organizations with funding for counseling, training, education assistance, time-limited financial assistance, transportation, child care, rent, utilities, and other services aimed at preventing homelessness or providing homes for participating veterans and family members.
Private non-profit organizations and consumer cooperatives have until February 15 to submit completed applications.For more information, visit www.va.gov/homeless/ssvf.asp.
No related posts.
- Consumer Alert: Attorney General Horne Warns Consumers About Super Bowl Rental Scams
- Chandler Airport Development Gets City OK for General Industrial Park
- Kirkpatrick announces $2.9 million TIGER grant for Hopi Tribe
- Lee & Associates Brokers 10-Year +, 109,060 SF Lease at Canal Crossing
- Local Company Signs 3-Year, 42,000 SF Lease for Chandler Warehouse Space
- Foreclosure Prevention Forum Set with Representatives from Wells Fargo
- Mitchell Attends SCORE's 2010 Phoenix Green Business Forum; Highlights Arizona Small Businesses, Green-Energy Industries
- Free Public Forum on Race in America: Building Bridges
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Available
- Community Housing Summit
- "Reflections on Visiting Taliesin West"
- Mortgage Interest Rates Hit New Low: How Does This Impact Investors?
- Phase One Sold Out At The Village at Paradise Reserve - sales Exceed Expectations Despite Economy
- Realtors Learn How Investors Help Housing Recovery
- Amerind: Sustainability Lexicon for Today's Real Estate Market