|Search more Real Estate News on 98 real estate sites|
Grijalva Holding Foreclosure Education and Prevention Workshop March 10 in Tucson to Ensure Arizonans Get Help They Need
Tucson, AZ – February 28, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — Rep. Raúl M. Grijalva will hold a foreclosure prevention workshop March 10 in Tucson from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Desert View High School at 4101 E. Valencia Road. The event, which is free and open to the public, will focus on foreclosure prevention methods, educating the public about homeowner rights, and making resources available for families facing foreclosure or whose mortgage debt exceeds the value of the home.
“As hot as the Arizona housing market was ten years ago, it’s gone that cold today, and our families need all the assistance they can get,” Grijalva said. “Arizona homeowners have been struggling with the housing collapse, and the frustrations that come with it, on a bigger scale for a lot longer than much of the rest of the country. I’m committed to helping us all get back on our feet, and that’s what this event is about.”
Anyone interested in learning more or participating should register through a special page at Rep. Grijalva’s Web site at. Registration instructions are available in English and Spanish.
According to RealtyTrac statistics, one of every 441 housing units in Pima County and one of every 449 housing units in Tucson received a foreclosure notice in January. That information, along with more local breakdowns, is reviewable at.
Participating individuals, companies and agencies at the March 10 event include Wells Fargo, Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase & Co., Freddie Mac, Don’t Borrow Trouble Pima County, Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc., Western Arizona Council of Governments, Tucson Urban League, Old Pueblo Community Services, Family Housing Resources, Pio Decimo Center-Catholic Community Services, Administration of Resources and Choices, Housing America Corporation, US Department of Housing and Urban Development, New Life Community Resource Center, Arizona Department of Housing and local attorneys.
No related posts.
- Franks Introduces CIPA to prevent dangerous widespread power failures
- Berkadia’s Investment Sales Top Producer for 2014 – Alex Mogharebi
- Lee & Associates Facilitates Sale of Tucson Shopping Center for $46M
- Hunt Mortgage Group Refinances Two Multifamily Properties
- Consumer Alert: Attorney General Horne Warns Consumers About Super Bowl Rental Scams
- Foreclosure Prevention Forum Set with Representatives from Wells Fargo
- Mitchell Attends SCORE's 2010 Phoenix Green Business Forum; Highlights Arizona Small Businesses, Green-Energy Industries
- Free Public Forum on Race in America: Building Bridges
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Available
- Community Housing Summit
- "Reflections on Visiting Taliesin West"
- Mortgage Interest Rates Hit New Low: How Does This Impact Investors?
- Phase One Sold Out At The Village at Paradise Reserve - sales Exceed Expectations Despite Economy
- Realtors Learn How Investors Help Housing Recovery
- Amerind: Sustainability Lexicon for Today's Real Estate Market